March 1 – May 20
|Monthly:||$800 – $950*|
May 21 – August 15
August 16 – September 14
September 15 – February 28
|Monthly:||$700 – $950*|
*RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. If you would like to book a site at the Playa del Rio RV Resort, Beach & Boat Club, please go to: www.playadelrio.com/reservations and complete our on-line Reservation Request Form. We require all guests, both new and returns, to complete the on-line reservation request form to assure that all reservation information is correct and to always keep our customer data base current. Upon receipt of the form, we will call you back to complete reservation within 24-hours depending on when the reservation request is made. All reservation requests made outside of our normal business hours, will always be confirmed during normal business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm) on the following business day. Please read our deposit and cancellation policies before submitting your on-line reservation request form. Thank you!
*Snowbird Special: Playa del Rio is happy to announce our Fall & Winter 2017-2018 Special Snowbird Rate of $700 per month (FHU – all utilities included in rate) for guests who stay a minimum of a two (2) month stay during December 2017, January 2018, and February 2018 (Regular monthly rate during this season is $800 / month for single-month reservations). Winter special rates that include the discounted rate for December, January and February are for the calendar months (rental is from the first day of the month thru the end of the month). Additionally, those who stay during January and February that wish to extend for March, April and May will be given a special discounted rate, based on availability, ($100 discount off normal monthly rate) of $950 during this season for their extended stay up to the end of March for those extending for March, up to the Thursday before Mullet Toss Weekend for those extending for April, and up to the Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend for those extending for May (the Regular monthly rate during these months is $950 / month exclusive of black-out rate increase changes). Playa del Rio appreciates our winter guests and Snowbirds, as we appreciate all of our guests and Playa friends, and we look forward to seeing you this winter season and seeing you back for years to come! To get these special off-season discounted rates from December thru February and the special extended in-season discounted rates during March, April and May, mention that you saw it on the website [Discount Code: Snowbird2018]! Our busy in-season times are March 1st through May 21st; our busiest peak-season times are May 21st through August 15th; and our slower off-season times are August 16th through February 28th (with the exception of holidays, special events, and black-out dates). The biggest special event of the year for the Playa del Rio and the Perdido Key area is the annual Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival on the Island. Enjoy some of the best entertainment in the country along with some of the best weather of the year during the Annual Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival Events and Playa del Rio House Parties and Concert Series in November [our November monthly rate is $950 ,and we have very limited availability so booking out a year in advance is recommended].
Deposits & Additional Service Fees: A non-refundable, pre-payment deposit is required at time of booking, which will guarantee all reservations. No reservation will be made without a Deposit. Playa del Rio RV Resort “Off-Season” rentals are from August 16th thru February 28th; our “In-Season” rentals are from March 1st thru May 21st; and our “Peak Season” rentals are from May 21st to August 15th. For one, two and three night “off-season” stays, the deposit is payment in full (rent plus tax); for 4-7 night and weekly stays during the “off-season”, the deposit is $200 / week; and for monthly stays during the “off-season”, the deposit is $300 for single-month reservations or $200/month for a reservation that is for two months or longer (unless there are black-out dates in the month which will increase the deposit amount). For one, two and three night “in-season” stays, the deposit is payment in full (rent plus tax); for 4-7 night and weekly stays during the “in-season”, the deposit is $200 / week; and for monthly stays during the “in-season”, the deposit is $300 / month (unless there are black-out dates in the month which will increase the deposit amount). For one, two and three night stays during the “Peak Season”, the deposit is payment in full (rent plus tax); for 4-7 night and weekly stays during the “Peak Season”, the deposit is $300 / week; and for monthly stays during the “Peak Season”, the deposit is $500 / month (unless there are black-out dates in the month which will increase the deposit amount). Anytime a deposit is made for one week plus one day, the deposit will be the applicable weekly deposit plus an additional $100. Whenever a reservation is extended by a guest after the original reservation has been made and the reservation deposit has been paid, when an additional deposit is required to guarantee the reservation, the credit card on file used for the original reservation deposit will be charged the applicable additional deposit charge on the date of the reservation change. For Holidays and Special Events when minimum stay requirements apply (known as Black-Out Dates), the deposit will be the greater of whatever the minimum stay requirement is for the black-out dates being reserved (exclusive of taxes that will be paid at check-in) or the normal deposit as applicable to the reservation. Check-in is between 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm, and check out is up to 11:00 am. Late check-out and early check-in is offered for an extra $25 fee (plus tax), as a courtesy and based on availability, to allow you to stay longer and enjoy your time in paradise (arrive as early as 9:00 am / depart as late as 6:00 pm). Anytime a reservation is booked and guests have not arrived by 8:00 pm, there will be a $50 (plus tax) late check-in fee automatically charged to the reservation (since late night arrivals require Team Rio staff members to remain on duty past normal scheduled office hours to assist with arrivals). Late Check-In is allowed between 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm (no RVs are allowed to enter the resort after 10:00 pm under any circumstances). Refer to our policies page for information on cancellations, no shows and all related charges. Playa del Rio has a no-refund policy, and all Deposits are non-refundable pre-payments. We do not give refunds for cancellations, no shows, last-minute reservation changes, or early departures (including early departures caused by violation of Resort Policies). Resort In-House Credits are issued pursuant to our cancellation policies for those who qualify (see cancellation policies for further information). We do not issue resort credits for any deposits paid toward monthly reservation cancellations or cancellations for black-out dates. We welcome guests and families, and our sites are rented for two (2) adults and three (3) children under the age of seventeen (17) years of age. All additional adults and children will require an additional $5 / person / night charge (there is no charge for children under the age of two (2) years old).
Black out Dates: Blackout dates are special events, holidays, and dates when our nightly rates are priced at special rates and our deposits are different than normal off-season and in-season deposits. Blackout dates are dates that are excluded from weekly and monthly rates (if you rent a monthly stay during a time when there is a black out date included, the blackout dates may be added to the monthly cost, additional costs may be added to your monthly costs, or your monthly dates may be extended by the number of blackout days with blackout charges additional). The most common Playa del Rio blackout dates include but are not limited to the following dates: Memorial Day Weekend (3-night minimum at $150 / night — Deposit is $450), Mullet Toss Weekend (3-night minimum at $150 / night — Deposit is $450), Fourth of July Weekend (3-night minimum at $150 /night — Deposit is $450), Flora-Bama Concert Series Weekends (2-night minimum at $95 to $150 / night, depending on season — Deposit to be announced), Easter Weekend (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), Gumbo Key Weekend (2-night minimum at $125 / night — Deposit is $250), Labor Day Weekend (3-night minimum at $95 / night — Deposit is $285), Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival Weekend (2-night minimum at $85 / night — Deposit is $170), Gulf Shores Hangout Music Festival Weekend (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), Summer Blue Angels Weekend (2-night minimum at $125 / night — Deposit is $250), Thanksgiving (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), Christmas (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), New Years Eve (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival week days (3-night minimum at $85 / night — Deposit is $255), and Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival grand finale final weekend (second weekend of the event) includes the Playa del Rio House Parties (3-night minimum at $150 / night — Deposit is $450). The rates during the week from the first Thursday to Wednesday of the Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival are $85 / night (3-night minimum at $85 / night — Deposit is $255) and the rates during the final weekend from the second Thursday thru the Sunday final shows are $150 / night (3-night minimum at $150 / night — Deposit is $450). Weekly rates cannot include black-out dates; while monthly rates sometimes may include one (1) black-out date at no additional charge depending on the black-out dates (this will always be discussed at time of reservation; and black-out dates within a month can cause the monthly rate to be higher than posted rates). The monthly rate during November is $950 and includes Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival and Thanksgiving black out dates at no additional charges.
Boat Slip Rentals: Boat Slips are available for rent at $25 / night for boats and $15 / night for wave runners to registered guests of the resort and must be booked for the same number of nights as your RV site reservation. We offer special discounted boat slip rates for weekly rentals [$150 / week]. Our monthly boat slip rental is $200 / month. No utilities are available for boat slips, so make sure before you book a boat slip that you can dock without the need for any utilities; and make sure that you have a location for cleaning, repairing and storing your boat since that is not allowed on our docks or on resort property. We do not have a boat launch, but there are many local boat launches in the near-by Orange Beach and Perdido Key area for your convenience. We do not have boat trailer storage space at the resort; and we do not allow boat trailers, boats on trailers, or wave runners on trailers in the RV park during your stay without special approval (sometimes we will allow trailers to be parked on your RV Site when pre-approved at the time of reservation in place of a vehicle; and sometimes, during our off-season periods, we can rent you a boat trailer storage space for storing your trailer (while your boat is docked in our marina) on resort property for $15 / day based on the time of year and availability; but we do not allow boats, wave runners, and/or trailers to be parked on RV sites without special approval at time of reservation — see office for details). For your convenience, boat, trailer, and RV storage is available approximately eight (8) miles from the resort at U-Store-It 180 on Canal Road in Orange Beach, Alabama, which is within five (5) miles of two Orange Beach public launches near the resort. Also, please note that ‘A minimum of 90% of the wet slips at the Playa del Rio docking facility are available for rent to the general public on a “First Come, First Served” basis’ — see office for details on monthly boat slip rental to non-guests. Boat slip rentals to people who are not guests in residence with an RV will require a minimum of a 1-week rental, then rental pricing will be or standard $25 / night rate. Sales tax of 7.5% is added to all boat slip rental charges. All boat rental reservation charges require non-refundable pre-payment deposits the same as RV site rentals at time of booking the reservation.
Long-term Leases: Leave your RV at the Playa del Rio and enjoy paradise year-around! We offer annual leases for $900 / month plus the cost of your monthly power bill (all other utilities are included in the monthly rental price). The deposit for a 12-month lease is $1,100 for leases signed between August 1st and December 31st -or- $2,400 for leases signed between January 1st and July 31st (as this is going into our peak rental season). Deposits do no apply to any monthly rental payments — all deposits will be held until the lease has ended, and returned within thirty (30) days following the expiration date of the lease based on satisfactory delivery of RV site back to Playa del Rio, all rent, charges and fees due having been paid in full, and full payment of the final power bill having been paid. Note that we do not re-sell any power service, we do not do any meter reading, and we only provide a copy of the billing as billed by Gulf Power to be paid by the renter. The only exception is the first and last month’s power bill which will be pro-rated based on the meter reading on date of arrival and power bill provided by Gulf Power for those billing cycles. The deposit is due at the time the lease is signed, the first monthly rental payment will be due upon the day of your arrival, and all power bills will be due within three (3) calendar days from the date you are billed by our office which will be on the date the power bills are received at our office from Gulf Power. All payments for rent and power are due within three (3) days of their applicable date to avoid a ten percent (10%) late fee. We also offer 6-month leases billed at the then-current monthly rates. The deposit for a 6-month (and one day) leases is $1,200, and the rates will be charged at the then-current monthly rates of the lease period. There are no sales or lodging taxes charged on 6-month and 12-month long-term leases. All deposits are held until the end of the term for six (6) and twelve (12) month leases.
Additional Rate Information:
- Special Playa Del Rio VIP Reward Member Benefits, other special rates, and extended discounted rates may apply to our loyal snowbirds and regular customers (discuss with reservations office at time of booking).
- We are proud to offer special discounts to (both active and retired) Military, Law Enforcement, and Firemen; and we honor Family Motor Coach Association Members and Good Sam’s Club Members with a special discount [our discounts are 10% off nightly rates for Sunday through Thursday nights only during our off-season from August 15 thru February 28]. We also accept Passport America for a 50% discount on your first night stay on nightly week-day stays (certain restrictions apply and there is a 2-night minimum stay requirement when using Passport America). Current Club membership card and/or applicable ID card is required at check-in to receive any discounts, and the applicable club or ID card information must be provided at time of booking to match that provided at time of check-in. Only one discount or special offer can be applied to a reservation. Discounts only apply to the base nightly rental rate — we do not discount charges for premium upgrades, additional people or other services offered. Other restrictions may apply, and discount offerings are always based on availability and are limited offerings as we are a small resort. Discounts are not offered during special events, black out dates, holidays, weekends, or during our peak and in-season months [during March 1st through August 15th discounts are not available]. During the off-season we also discount our weekly rates so the nightly rate is at a lower rate (you pay for six (6) nights and get your seventh (7th) night FREE, so we do not offer any additional discounts on weekly or monthly rates).
- The Playa Del Rio has a number of Premium Sites [#1 for the view, #2 for the view, #15 for the view, #16 (16-W and 16-E) for the view, #27 for the view, and #17 – #26 for being on the newly remodeled side] that are available at $10.00 per night additional cost. We offer premium upgrades during the off-season on monthly rentals for $100 / month and during the in-season on monthly rentals for $200 / month on monthly rental reservations. Our premium sites are either located on our newly-remodeled section of the resort (the West side of the property) or on the North and South ends of the park where the views are worth the little extra charge.
- On our bay side waterfront pavilion at the Playa del Rio Marina, we have a riverside sun deck with The Smallest Beach in America that is perfect for putting kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and other water sports equipment into the bay side water. There is no charge for this amenity, as there is no additional charge for the use of any of the resort amenities! There are rentals of recreational crafts such as bikes and kayaks at the resort, as well as boats and wave runners are available close to the resort property and conveniently located to the resort by water. One, two and three person Kayaks are available on resort property for rent. Additionally, 3-wheel bicycles are available on resort property for rent.
- All RV Site rates, boat slip rates, and other charges are subject to change without notice. Posted Rates do not include 11.5% tax on RV site rentals and 7.5% on boat slip rentals.
- Playa del Rio offers special discounts and getaway offers during slow times of the year, and those offers are always announced on our Facebook Fan page or in a special email to those who are on our mailing list. Anytime a special offer is made, it is important to contact the reservations office to inquire about the availability and the details, rules and restrictions associated with a special offer. All offers involving FREE nights will always come with our basic restrictions that will need to be discussed with reservations at the time of your booking.
- Site Rental includes: Water, Sewer, and 30/50 amp Electric. Additionally, we have courtesy COX Cable at all RV Sites and courtesy WI-FI is available at some RV sites throughout the park and at our Riverside Pavilion (around The Rio Room area at the Reservations Office).
- The Playa Del Rio RV Resort welcomes Motor Homes up to 45′, Travel Trailers up to 36′, and Fifth Wheels up to 45′ (some restrictions do apply for larger 5th wheels and large vehicles — discuss with reservations office at time of booking). Truck campers are allowed if they are fully self-contained; but we do not allow pop-ups or tents due to our licenses and Florida RV Park regulations.
- The site map on the website is the site map of the resort after we complete our planned resort construction. Currently, the West side of the resort has been completed and sites #16 (#16-W) thru #26 are newly renovated sites with new concrete pads, paver patios and landscaping areas, which are all premium sites; while the East side of the resort renovations are planned for 2017 / 2018 (sites #1 – #15 are not newly renovated sites and are a mix of gravel, concrete, paver patios and landscaping areas – inquire with office for more specific details on each site). The location of site numbers may vary from artist site renderings on the East side and preliminary site plans on the website on the East side (and sites #16-E and #27 are not pictured); so please discuss with our reservations office when booking a specific site for the first time and also when you have any questions or concerns about the resort, special requested sites and any construction scheduling.
- ALWAYS REFER TO POLICIES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.