March 1 – May 20
May 21 – August 15
August 16 – September 14
September 15 – February 28
*RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. If you would like to book a site at the Playa del Rio RV Resort, Beach & Boat Club, please go to: www.playadelrio.com/reservations and complete our on-line Reservation Request Form. If you are just inquiring about availability, please call the reservations office during normal business hours at 850-492-0904 for information. We require all guests, both new and returns, to complete the on-line reservation request form to assure that all reservation information is correct, to always keep our customer data base current and to make sure that all guests agree to our policies. Upon receipt of the form, we will call you back to complete your reservation within two working days from receipt of your reservation request, depending on when the reservation request is made and received, if we have availability for your requested dates. If we do not have availability for your requested dates, we will send an email follow-up to you. All reservation requests made outside of our normal business hours, will always be confirmed during normal business hours (Monday thru Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm / Office is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and major holidays, but Team Rio Resort Hosts are on duty seven days a week for your convenience). If you submit a request form and do not receive a call-back or an email from our staff within two business days, please contact our office by email or phone call, during normal business hours, to confirm that our office received your online reservation request form and to check on availability. If you do not receive a call back from our Reservations Office, it usually means that your dates are not available and that we were not able to follow up with you by phone to let you know (but you will always receive an email or a phone call from us). We do our best to respond to all reservation requests, all texts, all voicemail messages, all Facebook messages and all emails, but sometimes we are not able to follow up by phone with everyone that requests dates that are not available due to the number of reservation requests, emails, texts, messages and phone calls that come into our office each day. It is important to read our deposit and cancellation policies before submitting your on-line reservation request form and before making your reservation. Thank you! …. We look forward to seeing you at the Playa del Rio soon!
*Snowbird Special: Playa del Rio is happy to announce our Fall & Winter 2019-2020 Special Snowbird Rate of $900 per month (FHU – all utilities included in rate) on a standard site for guests who stay a minimum of a two (2) month stay during December 2019, January 2020, and February 2020 (Regular monthly rate during this season is $950 / month for single-month reservations on a standard site). Winter special rates that include the discounted rate for December, January and February are for the calendar months (rental is from the first day of the month thru the end of the month no matter what your arrival or departure date is). To book for January and February, we require a two-month minimum reservation. Additionally, those who stay during January and February that wish to extend for March, April and May will be given a special discounted rate, based on availability, (you will receive a $150 discount off the normal monthly rate) during this season for an extended stay up to the end of March for those extending for March, up to the Thursday before Mullet Toss Weekend for those extending for April, and up to the Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend for those extending for May (the Regular monthly rate during these months is $1,150 / month for a standard site, exclusive of black-out rates and increased rate changes). March sells out six (6) to twelve (12) months in advance, so it is recommended that all March reservations be made when booking winter reservations to guarantee reservations. Due to limited availability during the month of March, the month of March is only available for weekly and monthly reservations (no reservations for less than seven (7) nights are available, with weekly stays being Friday to Friday reservations only). Playa del Rio appreciates our winter guests and Snowbirds, as we appreciate all of our customers, guests and Playa family and friends; and we look forward to seeing you this winter season and seeing you back for years to come! To get these special off-season discounted rates from December thru February and the special extended in-season discounted rates during March, April and May, you must mention that you saw it on the website at the time of your reservation booking or the discounts will not apply [Discount Code: Snowbird 2020]! Our busy in-season times are March 1st through May 21st; our busiest peak-season times are May 21st through August 15th; and our slower off-season times are August 16th through February 28th (with the exception of any holidays, special events, and black-out dates that may be in these months). The biggest special event of the year for the Playa del Rio and the Perdido Key area is the annual Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival on the Island. Enjoy some of the best entertainment in the country along with some of the best weather of the year during the Annual Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival Events and Playa del Rio House Parties and Concert Series in November [our November monthly rate is $1,150, with no special pricing, and we have very limited availability due to the Blue Angels Homecoming, Frank Brown Festival and Thanksgiving, so booking a year in advance is highly recommended].
Deposits & Additional Service Fees: A non-refundable, pre-payment deposit is required at time of booking, which will guarantee all reservations. No reservation will be made without a Deposit accompanied with an on-line Reservation Request Form. Playa del Rio RV Resort “Off-Season” rentals are from August 16th thru February 28th; our “In-Season” rentals are from March 1st thru May 21st; and our “Peak Season” rentals are from May 21st to August 15th. For one, two, three and four night stays during the “off-season”, the deposit is payment in full (rent plus tax); for 5-7 night and weekly stays during the “off-season”, the deposit is $200 / week; and for monthly stays during the “off-season”, the deposit is $300 for single-month reservations or $200/month for a reservation that is for two months or longer (unless there are black-out dates in the month which will increase the deposit amount). For one, two, three and four night “in-season” stays, the deposit is payment in full (rent plus tax); for 5-7 night and weekly stays during the “in-season”, the deposit is $200 / week; and for monthly stays during the “in-season”, the deposit is $500 / month. For one, two, three and four night stays during the “Peak Season”, the deposit is payment in full (rent plus tax); for 5-7 night and weekly stays during the “Peak Season”, the deposit is $300 / week; and for monthly stays during the “Peak Season”, the deposit is $500 / month. Whenever there are black-out dates in a month, this can increase the deposit amount due. Anytime a deposit is made for one week plus one day, the deposit will be the applicable weekly deposit plus an additional $100 (during the peak season, anything booked over a week will require an addition weekly deposit of $300). All deposits are applied first to cancellation dates, then to rent. All deposits paid toward monthly rentals for two or more months will be applied to the last month and deducted from the last month of any multi-month rental (exclusive of deposits paid toward leases as noted below). Whenever a reservation is extended by a guest after the original reservation has been made and the reservation deposit has been paid, when an additional deposit is required to guarantee the reservation, the credit card on file used for the original reservation deposit will be charged the applicable additional deposit charge on the date of the reservation change, automatically. For Holidays and Special Events when minimum stay requirements apply (these dates are known as Black-Out Dates), the deposit will be the greater of whatever the minimum stay requirement is for the black-out dates being reserved (exclusive of taxes that will be paid at check-in) plus any normal deposit as applicable to the reservation if the reservation is for more days than the black-out dates. Three and four night reservations during black-out dates will always be charged in full as your non-refundable prepayment deposit, the same as all other deposits. Check-in is between 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm, and check out is up to 11:00 am. Late check-out and early check-in is offered for an extra $25 fee (plus tax), as a courtesy and based on availability, to allow you to stay longer and enjoy your time in paradise (arrive as early as 9:00 am / depart as late as 6:00 pm). During Peak Season we do not offer late check-out. All special check-in and check-out times must be approved with the office in advance. Anytime a reservation is booked and guests have not arrived by 8:00 pm, the guest will not be allowed to come in that day, and will still be charged for that night since the site was reserved for that night (no RVs are allowed to enter the resort after 8:00 pm under any circumstances, so please plan your travels to assure arrival between 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm). Refer to our policies page for information on cancellations, no shows and all related charges. Playa del Rio has a no-refund policy, and all deposits are non-refundable pre-payments. We do not give refunds for cancellations, no shows, last-minute reservation changes, or early departures (including early departures caused by eviction due to violation of Resort Policies). In-resort credits are issued pursuant to our cancellation policies for those who qualify (see cancellation policies for further information). We do not issue resort credits for any deposits paid toward monthly reservation cancellations or cancellations for black-out dates. We welcome guests and families, and our sites are rented for two (2) adults and three (3) children under the age of seventeen (17) years of age. All additional adults and children will require an additional $5 / person / night charge (there is no charge for children under the age of one (1) year old).
Black out Dates: Blackout dates are special events, holidays, and dates when our nightly rates are priced at special rates and our deposits are different than normal off-season, peak-season and in-season deposits. Blackout dates are dates that are excluded from weekly and monthly rates (if you rent a monthly stay during a time when there is a black out date included, the blackout dates may be added to the monthly cost, additional costs may be added to your monthly costs, or your monthly dates may be extended by the number of blackout days with blackout charges additional). During the peak-season, the difference in a nightly rate and a blackout rate will be added to the monthly rental total for all blackout dates that fall within a monthly summer rental. The most common Playa del Rio blackout dates include but are not limited to the following dates: Memorial Day Weekend (3-night minimum at $150 / night — minimum Deposit is $450), Mullet Toss Weekend (3-night minimum at $150 / night — minimum Deposit is $450), Fourth of July Weekend (3-night minimum at $150 /night — minimum Deposit is $450), Flora-Bama, Playa del Rio & Wharf Concert Series dates (2-night minimum at $85 to $175 / night, depending on performing artists, venue, season and event — Deposit and Rates to be announced), Mother’s Day Weekend (2-night minimum at $85 / night– Deposit is $170), Easter Weekend (2-night minimum at $85 / night — Deposit is $170), Gumbo Key Weekend (2-night minimum at $125 / night — Deposit is $250), Labor Day Weekend (3-night minimum at $125 / night — minimum Deposit is $375), Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival Weekend (2-night minimum at $85 / night — Deposit is $170), Gulf Shores Hangout Music Festival Weekend (2-night minimum at $95 / night — Deposit is $190), Summer Blue Angels Weekend (2-night minimum at $125 / night — Deposit is $250), Thanksgiving (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), Christmas (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), New Years Eve (2-night minimum at $75 / night — Deposit is $150), Playa del Rio Frank Brown Mid-year Songwriter Appreciation Events (2 to 3 night minimum at $85 to $175 / night, depending on performing artist and season –Deposit and Rates to be announced), Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival week days (3-night minimum at $85 / night — Deposit is $255), and Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival grand finale final weekend (second weekend of the festival) includes the Playa del Rio Annual House Party (3-night minimum at $150 / night — minimum Deposit is $450). The rates during the week from the first Thursday to Wednesday of the Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival are $85 / night (3-night minimum at $85 / night — Deposit is $255) and the rates during the final weekend from the second Thursday thru the Sunday final shows are $150 / night (3-night minimum at $150 / night — Deposit is $450). Other non-listed black out dates may apply to other special events, holidays and dates. We require weekend reservations that include a Friday or Saturday night to be a 2-night stay, unless we have an opening between other reservations that may allow a 1-night stay (discuss with rental office). Weekly rates cannot include black-out dates; while monthly rates sometimes may include one (1) black-out date at no additional charge depending on the black-out dates (this will always be discussed at time of reservation; and in some cases black-out dates within a month can cause the monthly rate to be higher than posted monthly rates). The monthly rate during November is $1,150 and includes Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival, Blue Angels Homecoming weekend, and Thanksgiving black out dates at no additional charges. ALL RATES AND BLACK OUT RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Boat Slip Rentals: Boat Slips are available for rent at $25 / night for boats and $15 / night for wave runners to registered guests of the resort and must be booked for the same number of nights as your RV site reservation. We offer special discounted boat slip rates for weekly rentals [$150 / week]. Our monthly boat slip rental is $200 / month when you have an RV site rented. All boat slip rentals are paid in full at time of booking. No utilities are available for boat slips, so make sure before you book a boat slip that you can dock without the need for any utilities; and make sure that you have a location for cleaning, repairing and storing your boat and boat trailer since that is not allowed on our docks or on resort property. We do not have a boat launch, but there are many local boat launches in the near-by Orange Beach and Perdido Key area for your convenience. We do not have boat trailer storage space at the resort; and we do not allow boat trailers, boats on trailers, or wave runners on trailers in the RV park during your stay without special approval (sometimes we will allow trailers to be parked on your RV Site when pre-approved at the time of reservation in place of a vehicle; and sometimes, during our off-season periods, we can rent you a boat trailer storage space for storing your trailer if your boat is docked in our marina) on resort property for $15 / day based on the time of year and availability; but we do not allow boats, wave runners, and/or trailers to be parked on RV sites without special pre-approval at time of reservation — see office for details. For your convenience, boat, trailer, and RV storage is available approximately ten (10) miles from the resort at U-Store-It 180 on Canal Road in Orange Beach, Alabama, which is within approximately five (5) miles of two Orange Beach public launches that are located near the resort. Also, please note that ‘A minimum of 90% of the wet slips at the Playa del Rio docking facility are available for rent to the general public on a “First Come, First Served” basis’ — see office for details on monthly boat slip rental to non-guests. Boat slip rentals to people who are not guests in residence with an RV will require a minimum of a 1-week rental, then rental pricing will be our standard $25 / night rate. Sales tax of 7.5% is added to all boat slip rental charges. All boat rental reservation charges require non-refundable pre-payment deposits the same as RV site rentals at time of booking the reservation. Anyone renting a boat slip in our marina will be allowed to use our fish cleaning station; but they will be required to dispose of all fish parts away from our property (throwing fish parts in the water off our docks or disposing in resort trash receptacles or the dumpster is not allowed and is grounds for immediate termination / eviction from the resort without any refunds).
Long-term Leases: Leave your RV at the Playa del Rio and enjoy paradise year-around! We offer annual leases for $900 / month plus the cost of your monthly power bill (all other utilities are included in the monthly rental price), or $1,000 / month plus the cost of your monthly power bill for premium sites. The deposit for a 12-month lease is $2,500. Deposits do no apply to any monthly rental payments — all deposits will be held until the lease has ended, and returned within sixty (60) days following the expiration date of the lease based on satisfactory delivery of RV site back to Playa del Rio, all rent, charges and fees dues (such as late fees and NSF check fees) having been paid in full, and full payment of all power bills and of the final power bill having been paid. Note that we do not re-sell any power service, and we only provide a copy of the billing as billed by Gulf Power to be paid by the renter. The only exception is the first and last month’s power bill which will be pro-rated based on the meter reading on date of arrival or departure with the power bill provided by Gulf Power for those billing cycles. The deposit is due at the time your reservation is confirmed with payment of the deposit, and the first monthly rental payment will be due upon the day of your arrival. All following rental payments will be due on the first day of each month, and all power bills will be due within three (3) calendar days from the date you are billed by our office which will be on the date the power bills are received at our office from Gulf Power. All payments for rent and power are due within three (3) days of their applicable date to avoid a ten percent (10%) late fee on the fourth (4th) day (late fees will be charged on all rent and utilities not paid within three (3) calendar days of their due date). We also offer 6-month leases billed at the then-current monthly rates. The deposit for all 6-month (and one day) leases is the monthly deposit for the applicable month as with all transient rentals, and the rates will be charged at the then-current monthly rates of the lease period. Premium upgrade charges on monthly rentals and on 6-month leases is $200 / month additional charge. The deposit will be held until the last month for all 6-month leases. There are no sales or lodging taxes charged on 6-month and 12-month long-term leases. All deposits are held until the end of the term for six (6) and twelve (12) month leases, and are not applied to rental payments unless during the off-season of a six (6) month lease when the final month rental fees will be reduced by the amount of the deposit paid. Late fees on past due rents, service charges, fees, and other applicable charges are charged at Ten Percent (10%), and is the same on six month leases as are charged on twelve month leases. Any late fees, service charges or other fees not paid by the renter during the lease when applicable and due will always be deducted from the deposit at the end of all 6-month and 12-month leases. In the event a lease is terminated early, any pre-paid rent and the full deposit paid is automatically forfeited as liquidated damages. All twelve (12) months leases automatically renew for an additional twelve (12) month period, unless written notice via certified mail or personal delivery with proof of delivery signed, is provided from the renter to the Playa del Rio rental management office at least sixty (60) days prior to the end of the lease termination / scheduled departure date. All automatic renewals are subject to a monthly rental rate increase of five to ten percent (5% to 10%) at the discretion of the rental management office, with a 30-day notice to renter by Playa del Rio. A lease is considered binding and valid on the date the deposit has been paid by the renter to the Playa del Rio. It is the responsibility of the renter to sign a lease agreement at the Playa del Rio rental management office no later than the arrival date on the on-line reservation request form; and if the renter does not sign the lease agreement, the lease agreement is automatically binding and in force on the day arrival and subject to all terms and conditions outlined on the Playa del Rio website as it has been digitally signed upon submission of the online reservation request form.
Additional Rate Information:
- Special Playa Del Rio VIP Reward Member Benefits, other special rates, and extended discounted rates may apply to our loyal snowbirds and return customers (discuss with reservations office at time of booking).
- We are proud to offer special discounts to (both active and retired) Military, Law Enforcement, and Firemen; and we honor Family Motor Coach Association Members and Good Sam’s Club Members with a special discount [our discounts are 10% off nightly rates for Sunday through Thursday nights only during our off-season from August 15 thru February 28]. We also accept Passport America for a 50% discount on your first night stay on nightly week-day stays during our off-season from August 15 thru February 28 (certain restrictions apply and there is a 2-night minimum stay requirement when using Passport America). Current Club membership card and/or applicable ID card is required at check-in to receive any discounts, and the applicable club or ID card information must be provided at time of booking to match the information provided at time of check-in. Only one discount or special offer can be applied to a reservation. Discounts and 7th-night-free offers only apply to the base nightly rental rate — we do not discount charges for premium upgrades, additional people or other services offered. Other restrictions may apply, and discount offerings are always based on availability and are limited offerings as we are a small resort. Discounts are not offered during special events, black out dates, holidays, weekends, or during our peak and in-season months [during March 1st through August 15th discounts are not available]. In the event a customer is required to be put on a premium site at the time of the booking, the resort has the option to allow a discount or to make a complimentary premium upgrade at no charge, based on availability and dates. During the off-season we also discount our weekly rates so the nightly rate is at a lower rate (you pay for six (6) nights and get your seventh (7th) night FREE, so we do not offer any additional discounts on weekly or monthly rates as they are already the best rates).
- The Playa Del Rio has a number of Premium Sites [#1 for the view, #2 for the view, #15 for the view, #16 (16-W and 16-E) for the view, #27 for the view, and #17 – #26 for being on the newly remodeled side] that are available at $10.00 per night additional cost. We offer premium upgrades for an additional $200 per month on monthly rental reservations. For 12-month leases, the premium charge is $100 per month. Our premium sites are either located on our newly-remodeled section of the resort (the West side of the property) or on the North and South ends of the park where the views are worth the little extra charge.
- All reservations with two vehicles listed on the on-line reservation request form or that have made request for additional parking for approved trailers or additional vehicles will be charged an additional $10 per night (some reservations will be changed to a premium site while others may just be given special parking pass for the additional parking space). Whenever a reservation only includes one vehicle, no additional vehicles will be allowed. In the event a guest requests additional parking after the reservation has been confirmed, the additional parking charge will automatically be added to the reservation.
- On our bay side waterfront pavilion at the Playa del Rio Marina, we have a riverside sun deck with The Smallest Beach in America that is perfect for putting kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and other water sports equipment into the bay side water. There is no charge for this amenity, as there is no additional charge for the use of any of the resort amenities! Playa del Rio is happy to rent you beach chairs and umbrellas, paddle boards and kayaks during at the resort, with advance reservations based on availability. Additionally, boat and wave runner rentals are available close to the resort property and conveniently located to the resort by water.
- All RV Site rates, boat slip rates, and other charges are subject to change without notice. Posted Rates do not include 11.5% tax on RV site rentals and 7.5% on boat slip rentals.
- Playa del Rio offers special discounts and getaway offers during slow times of the year, and those offers are always announced on our Facebook Fan page or in a special email to those who are on our mailing list. Anytime a special offer is made, it is important to contact the reservations office to inquire about the availability and the details, rules and restrictions associated with a special offer. All offers involving FREE nights will always come with our basic restrictions that will need to be discussed with reservations at the time of your booking.
- Site Rental includes: Water, Sewer, Trash, and 30 or 50 amp electric service. Additionally, we have courtesy COX Cable at all sites, and courtesy COX WIFI throughout the park and at our Rio Riverside Pavilion (around The Rio Riverside Patio at the Reservations Office).
- The Playa Del Rio RV Resort is not an A-class restricted RV Park. We welcomes Motor Homes up to 45′, Travel Trailers up to 38′ (from bumper to hitch), and Fifth Wheels up to 45′ (some restrictions do apply for larger 5th wheels and large vehicles — discuss with reservations office at time of booking). Truck campers are allowed if they are fully self-contained. We do not allow pop-up campers or tents due to our licenses and Florida RV Park regulations.
- The site map on the website is the site map of the resort after we complete our planned resort construction. Currently, the West side of the resort has been completed and sites #16 (#16-W) thru #26 have been renovated with new concrete pads, paver patios and landscaping areas, which are all premium sites; while the East side of the resort renovations are planned for 2020 (sites #1 – #15 are not newly renovated sites and are a mix of gravel, concrete, paver patios and landscaping areas – inquire with office for more specific details on each site). The location of site numbers may vary from artist site renderings on the East side and preliminary site plans on the website on the East side (and sites #16-E and #27 are not pictured); so please discuss with our reservations office when booking when trying to reserve a specific area of the park for your first time visit and also when you have any questions or concerns about the resort, special requested sites and any construction scheduling.
- REFER TO POLICIES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.